Accounting Challenges in the Wholesale/Distribution Industry
Contact Management (CRM)
All businesses need customers, both new and existing in order to survive and thrive. Computrack and Sage CRM can help you manage the complete process of soliciting new business, maintaining contacts, communicating with customers and processing quotes and sales orders.
Procurement and Purchase Workflow
The Procurement function involves several key challenges:
- Carrying Costs – the cost of transporting, warehousing and financing your inventory
- Understanding your Stock – which products should you stock more of; which should you stock less of or possible discontinue
- Min-Max levels – At what point should you reorder more of an item, and how much should you order based on various factors including transportation costs, cyclical turnover, and supplier deliver history
- Supplier Relationships – Which supplier can be relied upon to deliver on time and provide the best product at the best price
Sage 300 ERP and Norming Resource Manager employ user-defined workflows for the purchasing function to ensure that:
- Requisitions are created only by individuals with the authority to do so
- Approvers can review, approve and cancel requisitions, or send them back to the requestor for revision
- The entire requisition and approval process can be initiated and completed in the Cloud, accessible via any mobile device and any web browser
- A complete log of the approval process for each requisition is maintained for audit purposes
Distributors need access to real time inventory data to drive proactive, responsive sales operations, make good purchasing decisions, and minimize inventory costs. Sage Inventory Advisor, a Cloud solution which seamlessly integrate with Sage 300 ERP, allows anytime, anywhere access to your most important stock-related data including:
- Dashboard – Provides critical inventory item level status (out of stock, near out of stock, excess and surplus orders). Provides visibility to inventory PI’s and financials. Allows drilldown to data details.
- Inventory Forecasting – Dynamic, graphical forecast engine assists user in forecasting and planning for future replenishment orders.
- Inventory Monitoring – Provides early warning of stock outs, potential stock outs or surplus orders.
- Classification Matrix – Classifies items into nine categories based on calculated metrics such as velocity (times sold), quantity sold/ consumed and value of sales/consumption, allowing users to rapidly identify and focus on important items.
- Ordering Schedule – Shows what items to order and when to order them to prevent stock-outs or surplus.
- Order Management – Provides view of existing orders. Provides exceptions on which orders to amend. Provides exceptions for order cleanup.
- Interactive Reports – Provides critical and detailed information to optimize inventory.
The process of obtaining orders, scheduling fulfillment, tracking them through the system, and keeping customers informed of their progress has become more challenging in today’s connected world. Computrack and Sage Software specialize in all the various methods commonly employed in the Order Management function including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Web store integration.
The objective is to reduce or eliminate manual entries into your inventory system by warehouse staff. Sage 300 works seamlessly with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) software and various scanning hardware to fully automate:
- The receiving function
- The storage and movement of stock within the warehouse
- The Pick, Pack, and Ship functions
- The generation of shipping labels, custom forms and Bills of Lading
Fulfillment and Customer Service
Distributors work in very competitive markets. Customer satisfaction is key to long-term success in business, and fulfilling customer orders reliably and accurately is key to customer satisfaction. Order processing systems help ensure that all of your customers’ orders are filled on time, since automated systems can reduce errors in order processing. This can enhance the customer experience and maximize your company’s profitability. Getting customer service right is a “must” for sustained business growth.